Hello Everyone!
I have taken some time to reflect on our session last night and these are some of the things I thinking about....
1. How do we as teachers decide how to proceed forth into using technology on a daily basis while making worthwhile for the student? I have used a lot of technology in my classroom the past five years. I really need to think about if all of the uses of the technology were really beneficial. Perhaps I need to think about if I used the technology to my best advantage and not just because the kids like to use it.
2. What can I do as an educator to evaluate and choose various web browers? It just seems so overwhelming for the kids when you give them so many choices. I am looking forward to going through the various browers to see what purposes they serve. Time is so valuable that I hate to waste my instruction by showing students browers or any other software for that matter that they can't use or doesn't need.
Julie
I appreciate your comments, Julie. I think you raise a great point about the value of reflecting on how much technology is really useful in our classrooms. Our students' lives are already filled with so much technology that perhaps the classroom doesn't always need to be.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie :) I've been browsing the blogs, looking at everyone's take on the class and on this week's overwhelming (common feeling in most blogs) assignment. What I'm taking from your reflection is most likely what I want to see/think/hear: if this is not a beneficial source for me, why do I need to see/use/research it? I've often times shown my students helpful resources, sites, etc. only to find that they go to "ol' faithful" to complete their work. I am excited to see what new information I can learn from this search, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially if I'm not sure it will make me a better teacher. Thanks for posting and for listening!
ReplyDeleteYou made me think about my students being overwhelmed as we teachers start using many different platforms. I'm feeling overwhelmed now as one. It occurred to me that our school district is probably doing the right thing by going to one system - Google Docs and the things associated with it. It isn't fully up yet, but we are being prepared for it's arrival. Maybe it will be easier for the students.
ReplyDelete