Reflection on the self evaluations and competencies for online instructors-
After completing the self evaluations I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the computer skills needed to teach online. I feel I can use browers, software programs, and various pieces of web technology proficiently in order to teach an online class.
My strengths include the ability to use the computer proficiently and design courses to meet the needs of the students. I feel I can write objectives, develop lesson plans, and design performance tasks for students to learn the material and be successful.
The biggest skill I will need to develop is writing concise directions so students are not confused about the lesson directions. I understand that I am not physically available to be in the room with the student so I need to make sure what I am thinking matching my writing.
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteI agree concise directions are important. I am working on this with my Geometry students. This is definitly a skill that needs developing.